The information contained herein is relevant to several VMI product lines including -
Several FAQ specific to the above product lines are listed below:
1. What is the base metal used in the lead-frame or termination?
- SMF and SXF products use 99.99% silver terminations with no finish.
- MD90 uses a lead-frame of OFC copper, tin plated per Mil-T-10727 Type I, 200-400uInches, matte finish. The parts are not annealed after plating.
- SRP uses a lead-frame - tin-lead plate per AMS-P-81728A, matte finish, 60%Sn, 40% Pb, and overplating of pure tin plate per Mil-T-10727, Type I, 200 - 400 uInch matte finish, copper or nickel strike prior to plating.
2. Are the parts annealed after plating?
- The parts are not annealed or post baked within 24 hours after plating.
3. What is the Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL)?
- We believe our hermetically sealed diodes are not sensitive to moisture and do not classify them as such. However, the overmolded diodes, such as the SXF and SMF type, have been tested to MSL 3, and passed.
- Occasionally our customers request MSL type packaging due to solderability issues of the leads, but we do not provide the desiccant, moisture gauge, or class label required with true moisture sensitive packaging.